Mark your calendar & register for the second DH Asia Webinar session on December 15th at 3pm (Korea Time):
We cordially invite you to the second session in our DH Asia Webinar series by Dr. Donghyun Woo from Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (KAIST). Dr. Woo’s talk is titled “The Diaries of the Soviet Ambassador in Pyongyang: Data-Specific Network Approaches to North Korean History Studies.” The session will be moderated by Dr. Kyunghwan Oh from Sungshin Women’s University, Korea.
What is the DH Asia Webinar series? The year 2023 marks DHARTI & KADH’s joining the ADHO! To celebrate this occasion and to keep the momentum of the growing DH Asia community, we* decided to launch a monthly Webinar series. This series is specially designed for DH researchers based in Asia as well as DH scholars whose works concern Asia. By musing on the intersection of DH and Asia, the series aims to recognize a variety of endeavors that have informed DH in the region and to nurture emerging DH efforts that are shaping the future of DH Asia.
More on the DH Asia Webinar series rationale when the official website launches. In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you at Dr. Woo’s talk on December 15. Please make sure to register in order to receive the Zoom link!
*We, the planners:
- Chen Jing, Nanjing University, China
- Hsiung-ming Liao, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Jae-Yon Lee, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
- Jinho Park, Seoul National University, Korea
- Kiyonori Nagasaki, International Institute for Digital Humanities, Japan
- Lik Hang Tsui, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Lyndsey Twining, Academy of Korean Studies, Korea
- Miguel Escobar Varela, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Nirmala Menon, Indian Institutes of Technology, Indore, India
- Richard Tzong-Han Tsai, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Setsuko Yokoyama Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore
- Xingkun Liang, Peking University, China