Mark your calendar & register for the inaugural DH Asia Webinar session on November 15th at 2pm (Taipei Time):
We cordially invite you to the first session in our DH Asia Webinar series by Dr. Hsuanlei Shao from National Taiwan Normal University. Dr. Shao’s talk is titled “New Horizon of Digital Humanities? Computational Social Science and its Application.” The session will be moderated by Dr. Richard Tzong-Han Tsai, the President of the Taiwanese Association for Digital Humanities (TADH).
What is DH Asia Webinar series? The year 2023 marks DHARTI & KADH’s joining the ADHO! To celebrate this occasion and to keep the momentum of the growing DH Asia community, we* decided to launch a monthly Webinar series. This series is specially designed for DH researchers based in Asia as well as DH scholars whose works concern Asia. By musing on the intersection of DH and Asia, the series aims to recognize a variety of endeavors that have informed DH in the region and to nurture emerging DH efforts that are shaping the future of DH Asia.
We will share more detail with the official website once it’s ready. But we wanted to soft launch now rather than later, so that you can mark your calendar to join us for Dr. Shao’s talk come November 15th!
*We, the planners:
- Chen Jing, Nanjing University, China
- Hsiung-ming Liao, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Jae-Yon Lee, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
- Jinho Park, Seoul National University, Korea
- Kiyonori Nagasaki, International Institute for Digital Humanities, Japan
- Lik Hang Tsui, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Lyndsey Twining, Academy of Korean Studies, Korea
- Miguel Escobar Varela, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Nirmala Menon, Indian Institutes of Technology, Indore, India
- Richard Tzong-Han Tsai, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Setsuko Yokoyama Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore
- Xingkun Liang, Peking University, China