Pillar / Cluster: Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
Dr Cho is experienced in conducting multi-disciplinary research and working in an international environment. Her teaching and research areas include urban sociology, cultural sociology, social theory, qualitative research, East Asian studies, and ageing.
- Creative Ageing Cities:Urban Design with Older People in High-density Asian Cities (co-edited with Chong, K.H.), Routledge (under contract)
- Coupling Urban Regeneration with Age-Friendliness: Neighbourhood Regeneration in Jangsu Village, Seoul (with J, Kim), Cities 58, 107-114, 2016.
- Dynamic Busan: Envisioning a Global Hub City (with Seo, J.K. and Skelton, T.), Cities (46): 26-34, 2015.
- Successful Aging in High-density City: A review of Singapore’s urban policies (with Chong, K. H., Loo, D. and Zheng, J.), In: International Perspectives on Age-friendly Cities, Taylor and Francis, 2015.
- Economization or Conservation of Obsolete Industrial Spaces (with Shin, S. H.), Habitat International 41, pp. 69-76, 2014.
- Turning the Hong-dae area into a Cool Cultural District in Seoul, In: New Economic Spaces in Asian Cities: from Industrial Restructuring to the Cultural Turn, (eds), P W Daniels, K C Ho and T A Hutton, London: Routledge, 2012.
- Cultural Politics in a Cultural District: Envisioning a World City Seoul, South Korea, Asian Studies Review 34, pp.329-47, 2010.